Valdez & Treviño Attorneys
Jose “JJ” Treviño Jr.
Professional Experience & Affiliation
Mr. Treviño is a trial lawyer who has been practicing in civil trial since his admission to the Texas Bar. His practice focuses on the development and
trial of personal injury, professional malpractice and insurance law cases.
He has extensive experience in the representation of businesses and individuals in catastrophic personal injury matters involving transportation & trucking, construction, premises, and automobile cases.
Mr. Treviño routinely represents clients in litigation matters in many regions of Texas from El Paso to Brownsville, Texas and in Southern New Mexico.
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member,William S. Sessions American Inns of Court
- Member, San Antonio Bar Association
- Member, Insurance Section of State Bar of Texas
- Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA)
- Selected by his peers to inclusion to Texas Monthly Super Lawyers, Rising Star in 2014
- Recognized by his peers as a “Best in San Antonio” Personal Injury Defense Attorney by Scene in San Antonio Magazine 2010-present
- Named a Rising Star by San Antonio Scene Magazine 2013-present
- Texas A&M University, College Station (B.A., 2002)
- St. Mary’s University School of Law (J.D., 2005)
Law School Honors And Distinctions
- Judicial Intern to the Honorable Fred Biery, United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- Law clerk, civil litigation firm analyzing litigation issues
- Member of Phi Delta Phi legal honor fraternity
- Research Assistant for Dean Vincent Johnson, tort law issues
- Texas State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas,Western District of Texas
- Born in McAllen, Texas and raised in Corpus Christi, Texas
- Mr. Treviño also speaks Spanish