Valdez & Treviño Attorneys
Joseph S. Ellis
Professional Experience & Affiliation
A native Texan, Mr. Ellis grew up in Brownwood, Texas. He is a proud graduate of the United States Air Force Academy and served as an intelligence officer for seven years, including two combat deployments to Afghanistan. He completed his Masters Degree in International Relations from the University of Oklahoma while serving on active duty.
After separating from the military, Mr. Ellis attended Texas Tech University School of Law in Lubbock, Texas. Mr. Ellis has litigated insurance defense matters in venues ranging from the Rio Grande Valley to the Texas Panhandle and El Paso to Beaumont. His practice at Valdez & Treviño focuses on serious and catastrophic personal injury cases, trucking and transportation litigation, premises liability, and first and third-party insurance cases involving bodily injury and property losses.
- J.D., Texas Tech University School of Law, 2018
- M.A., International Relations, University of Oklahoma, 2013
- B.S., American History, United States Air Force Academy, 2008
- Texas State Courts
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas